LinkedIn Website Audience is an audience segment that is created based on LinkedIn members who visited one or more pages on your website which you have tracked using LinkedIn Insight Tag . By tapping on this audience, you have the opportunity to remarket to such visitors. This can be used to help you track conversions, remarket, and get real-time insights on the professional demographic segments and content preferences of your website visitors through the LinkedIn network.
With XPO, you can use XPO tag to piggyback on LinkedIn Insight Tag to tap on such audiences to gain insights into them via LinkedIn demographic segments and extend the remarketing across multiple channels while simplifying and enabling direct execution from XPO.
Here's how you can link the XPO tag with LinkedIn Insight Tag to create a seamless linkage for remarketing and how it works.
Before You Start
- Link XPO account with your LinkedIn account.
Enable LinkedIn Remarketing Pixel in XPO.
- Learn how to generate remarketing pixels in XPO here.
- Once enabled, XPO pixel will piggyback Linkedin pixel.
XPO triggers LinkedIn tag when a prospect engages with the LinkedIn ad and are then redirected to the website with the embedded tags
- The collected data will be sent to both, XPO and Linkedin to use for retargeting.
(1) Create LinkedIn Website Audience in XPO
- All related information to your selected source will populate.
- Select the type of LinkedIn audience for your segment. Currently, only the website traffic audience type is supported and will be auto-selected.
- Select the LinkedIn ad account to create this segment for. If you have one account, it will be auto-selected.
- You can include multiple audience pools under the same segment. All these segments denote the "OR" relationship. Add Segment: to create separate segments that denote "AND" relationship.
- After saving the new audience successfully, you can view it in the audience segment list and the type will show as LinkedIn-Website.
- You can edit/archive/bulk archive LinkedIn website audience from the audience list.
- You will not be able to share or create lookalike audiences using LinkedIn website audiences.
- The last updated date will be shown in XPO for the LinkedIn website audience.
- These audiences will not have a lookback window and will appear as N/A in XPO.
- If any edits are made to the audiences in XPO, the changes will reflect simultaneously on LinkedIn as well.
(2) Link The LinkedIn Audience To XPO Ad Group
- Once you have successfully saved your new audience segment(s), you can link them to all your LinkedIn Ad Groups formats.
- The +CUSTOM dropdown in the ad group form, lists all the added LinkedIn website audiences, and you can select one or more from them.
- The added audience(s) will be linked to the LinkedIn ad group detail page and will also be shown in the audience segment list.
- When you share/clone the ad group to another ad account, the linked audience will also be cloned.
- You can add/remove audience(s) successfully while editing the ad group.
- If you have an existing website audience directly linked to your LinkedIn Campaign Manager, you can sync and allocate the audiences from LinkedIn into XPO. Learn how to sync LinkedIn Audiences in XPO.