Besides launching Google Ads (Search) and Facebook Ads, you can do that too with LinkedIn Ads. To get started, link your LinkedIn Campaign Manager Account to your XPO Advertiser Account and you can start launching LinkedIn campaigns from within XPO.
LinkedIn Campaign Manager is an ad management tool that lets you create, launch, and analyze the performance of your LinkedIn ad campaigns. Here are the supported LinkedIn ad formats.
1. Pre-requisites: Connect your LinkedIn account to XPO
To start, link your LinkedIn Campaign Manager to XPO so that you can create one or more LinkedIn ad accounts using XPO.
- Create a LinkedIn Ad Account from Campaign Manager.
- Select your existing account or create a new account. You are now ready to create new campaigns from your LinkedIn Ad Manager.
Once the LinkedIn Ad Manager setup is completed, you will need to link the account into XPO Admin Dashboard. Request your Knorex Account/Customer Success Manager to manage the LinkedIn Business Manager (BM) by importing the BM Account into XPO.
- You will receive a pop-up message that an Account has been successfully imported into XPO. You can now link the account to your Partner Account.
2. Create LinkedIn campaign using XPO
2(a) Quick Launch a new campaign.
2(b) Select LinkedIn as your channel.
- LinkedIn’s objective-based advertising program allows you to create campaigns in XPO based on your marketing goals.
- LinkedIn supports 7 types of campaign objectives to enable full-funnel marketing coverage from the awareness stage to consideration and finally conversion. Currently, XPO supports 6 objectives.
|Campaign Objectives||LinkedIn Terminology||XPO Terminology|
|Brand Awareness||Brand Awareness||Brand Awareness|
- Select the Advertiser and linked Ad Account from the list, for which you wish to create this campaign for.
- Customize the campaign's timezone from the default account timezone and schedule it.
- Set your campaign budgets that will serve as a limit for the cumulative total of all ad group budgets within the LinkedIn campaign. The campaign budget is mandatory and required to create and run an ad group in XPO.
2(c) Save your campaign details.
- You can create, update, pause, resume, and/or delete campaigns.
3. Create LinkedIn ad groups
To run a LinkedIn campaign using XPO, you will need to create an ad group(s) to represent the trading ideas or strategies that you would like to execute.
3(a) Create a new LinkedIn ad group.
3(b) Select a LinkedIn ad format.
- These are the supported LinkedIn ad formats in XPO.
- You can create, update, pause, resume, and/or delete campaigns.
Select the type of ad you wish to run on LinkedIn and this is a mandatory field.
- These ad formats will be based on the objectives selected at the campaign level (see Step 2).
- Once you select the ad formats, you will only be able to link that specific ad format creative to this ad group.
- The type of ad formats cannot be changed once selected and saved.
|Objectives||Supported Ad Format/Type|
3(c) Add your budget details.
Ad group budget cap must be lower than the budget set at the campaign level (explained in point 2(b)). You have 3 options for setting ad group budgets:
- Daily Budget Cap: This is the maximum spend limit per day. The minimum daily budget for LinkedIn ad groups is usually US$10.
- Lifetime Budget: The total amount of budget that your ad group will spend throughout its lifetime schedule. This budget here will be paced to reach the optimal performance for the ad group.
- Both Daily and Lifetime Budget: By combining these two, you have control over the daily pace as well as the total spend of the ad group. When you select this option, you will be able to set only a continuous campaign schedule, with no end date. This is because the ad group will end once the lifetime budget amount is completed.
3(d) Select your bidding strategy.
LinkedIn bid types are aligned to the objective that you selected at the campaign level and vary by the ad format chosen at the ad group level.
|Bid Type||How The Strategy Works & How Budget is Utilized||Benefits||Campaign Objective & Bid Optimization Goal|
|Maximum Delivery (Automated)||XPO automatically bids to deliver the best results with efficient budget allocations||
|Target Cost||Delivers your target ROI by setting a target cost per key result. Here, the budget is utilized based on the target cost||
Strategy for scaling budget and optimizes based on your target cost
||Here, you specify the maximum amount you are willing to bid for. Budget is used based on the bid||Maximum control over bid||
3(e) Select your targeting strategies.
Get your ad messages in front of the right people and increase engagement with LinkedIn's targeting strategies.
These are a set of targeting capabilities that gives you the unique ability to combine LinkedIn's powerful professional data with your first-party data to reach the right audience on LinkedIn.
To build your target audiences based on their professional attributes, you can select the below options and expand them further for a more detailed target:
4. Create LinkedIn creatives using XPO
- In a New Creative, fill up the details and select the LinkedIn Ad Account that you will be using and select LinkedIn Ads. Next, you can build your creative.
- For Single Image Creatives, you can provide a destination URL and Scrape it, helping to gather data from the given website such as headline, image, and description. This helps to auto-fill your creative design form.
- You can link/unlink creatives from your LinkedIn Ad Group.
- Save and publish you campaign to launch your LinkedIn campaign using XPO. Voila!
5. Campaign Insight Reports
- In your Insight Reports, you will be able to analyze the performance of your LinkedIn campaigns, ad groups, and creatives.
- You can generate a link or send an email of the report to recipients.
- From My Reports, you can also customize your report by selecting the LinkedIn campaign.
6. Tracking LinkedIn conversions in XPO
Conversion tracking will analyze the actions your prospects take after clicking or viewing the LinkedIn ad.
- Create Conversion Goals for your LinkedIn campaign.
- To apply conversion tracking to your campaigns, LinkedIn Insight Tag on your website will be auto-enabled. To view Insight Tags you can follow the below steps. (Coming soon)
- You can View History of your LinkedIn campaigns and ad groups, to keep track of changes, edits, updates, etc. made to them.
- From the ad group information page, you can make changes (add/remove) to your targeting options and save the new details.
- You can link LinkedIn creatives to the ad groups but only the selected ad format options will be listed.
- You can allocate XPO accounts to LinkedIn accounts from the Utility menu by selecting Manage LinkedIn and Allocate Accounts.
- Once (1) pre-requisites are completed, you can sync campaigns between XPO and LinkedIn.