XPO comes with the Quick Launch feature to guide you in creating a campaign with multiple ad groups, and creatives, all in a single flow, thus removing unnecessary steps in creating them separately.
How To Quick Launch A Campaign
Watch this how-to video to guide you on how to do a quick launch of campaign in XPO.
1. Select Quick Launch from the Account Dashboard
2. Fill in campaign details as below:
2A. Compulsory fields:
- Campaign Name
- Channel (Programmatic, Facebook and/or Social)
- The objective of the campaign (Types of Campaigns)
- Facebook Ad Account (if you are creating a Facebook campaign)
- Google Ad Account (if you are creating a Search campaign)
Start Date and End Date (if applicable) for your campaign and select the Time Zone you wish to run your campaign in.
- Budget and Apply Bidding Strategy to All Ad Groups (refer here)
2B. Non-Compulsory Fields:
- Campaign Category: Go for the default General option. However, if you want to run ad campaigns which promote credit card offers, loans, housing, or employment, you will need to select the special ad category. This is because these categories have a restriction on Facebook and go through a separate manual approval process by our partners.
- Impression Capping and Frequency Cap
- Turn on Footfall attribution if you want to measure the physical walk-ins in correlation to your digital campaigns for your brick and mortar store. An additional 1 dollar CPM will be added to your budget for this service.
- Conversion Goals like checkout page or booking confirmation page details can be keyed in depending on your objectives.
- Add Management Fees if Agencies wish to add additional service charges as their management costs.
3. Click Next.
4. You will proceed to create a new Ad Group.
Learn how to create an Ad Group. You can create any of the below ad groups, depending on your campaign channels.
You can include targeting options such as Audiences, Segments, and Geo from here as well.
5. Once the ad group is created, click CREATE to proceed to create a creative based on your ad group settings in step 4.
Learn how to create a creative.
- You can link and edit exisitng creatives from this dashboard.
- If you wish to create your creative later and save the campaign and ad group details, turn off the toggle "Add creative in the next step", and you will be prompted to to save the details by clicking on Exit Quick Launch or select Create Ad Group or Create Creative to proceed.
- Key in necessary details about your creative such as creative type, creative information like desktop or mobile format to optimize the creative and the size of your creative accordingly.
- Selecting where your ad creative will be displayed is significant as China and Russia requires a special approval process compared to the rest of the world and takes 24-48 hours.
6. Click Publish.
You are now ready to launch the new campaign, along with the ad group and creative under this account.
If you wish to create more ad groups and creatives for this campaign, select Create Ad Group or Create Creative and you will be redirected to create them.
Budget Field Explained
Set a Budget Cap for the campaign to limit the total budget allocated for this campaign. Next, set a Daily Spend Cap which is the maximum daily spend for the entire duration of the campaign.
POINTS TO NOTE
- "Apply daily budget cap to all ad groups" means sharing the daily budget entered across all Search, Facebook, and Programmatic ad groups based on their performance.
XPO works differently for different objectives set by you:
A. Automatic Budget Optimization
You can enable Automatic Budget Optimization which allows XPO to automatically allocate budgets to the ad groups based on AI recommendations and individual performances. Budget automation is applicable to all channels (Search, Facebook, and Programmatic).
1. When Automatic Budget Optimization is ON and Daily Cap is ON
In this scenario, the overall budget is shared based on auto-optimization between the 3 channels. XPO automatically allocates budgets to all channel ad groups. You do not need to set a budget separately, but you are required to set the daily cap for the ad groups.
Budget is shared among all channel ad groups based on the set daily cap. (For instance, from the above image, $50 which is the TOTAL daily cap is shared amongst all channel ad groups based on their daily performances)
2. When Automatic Budget Optimization is ON and Daily Cap is OFF
XPO automatically allocates the overall budget to all channel ad groups based on their performances.
Since the toggle Apply daily budget cap to all ad groups is turned off, there will be no limit to the ad group daily spend (ad groups can spend more than $50) and the overall budget will be used purely based on ad group performances.
3. When Automatic Budget Optimization is OFF and Daily Cap is ON
In this scenario, you have to manually allocate budgets and split them across the channels according to your strategy. Auto optimization will not work here.
However, the shared budget option must be ticked (apply the daily budget cap to all ad groups) and the budget entered ($50 in the above example) will be used across all ad groups throughout the campaign lifetime.
4. When Automatic Budget Optimization is OFF and Daily Cap is OFF
Here, both auto-optimization and shared budget on the daily cap is disabled. You will have to manually control how the budget is spent across all channel ad groups.
B. Apply Bidding Strategy to All Ad Groups
Previously, bid strategies could only be included at ad group level and not campaign level. We now support including your bidding strategy to simplify your campaign launch.
- If you opt to enable this and select one strategy, it will be used across all channel ad groups under this campaign.
- If you disable this option, you will be able to individually strategize for ad groups.
Learn more about our Campaign Budget and Pacing options.