This feature is only applicable to Search campaigns on Google.
Dynamic Search Ad (DSA) lets you reach out to prospects who are searching for a product (or service) offered by you. The ad headlines and landing pages are generated using content from your website, to keep the ads relevant.
DSA focuses on a few sections of your website, without bidding on keywords. Instead, Google will crawl the site, match webpages with the search queries, populate headlines with a relevant copy, and finally link the user to the page.
Watch This Video To Visualize How Dynamic Search Ads Work
How To Create Dynamic Search Ad Campaigns In XPO
- Link your Google AdWords Account to XPO Advertiser Account to run Dynamic Search Ad campaigns.
2. Quick Launch A New Dynamic Search Campaign
B. Follow the set up below by creating your campaign, ad group, and creative.
C. Select channel as Search, key in Advertiser, and Google Ad Account and select your campaign objective (traffic, lead generation, or conversion) and KPI.
D. After configuring Search as your campaign channel, you will be given the option "Dynamic Search Ad Settings".
- Website Domain to Market: Enter your root website address (example.com) or even subdomains (shop.example.com). Based on the content from this website, Google Ads finds individual pages and creates separate ads for them, then matches searches to the ads accordingly.
- Language: You can select your preferred webpage language from your website based on your ad strategy. Google Ads will find those pages according to customer searches. English will be the default selected language.
E. Select Specify Source for Populating the Dynamic Ads:
You have 3 targeting source options to choose from, and which webpage(s) should be used to target your ad:
(click image to view)
- Use Google's index of my website: Google automatically crawls your website and pulls out the most relevant feed to show the ad based on the customer's searches. Google index of your website includes pages discovered by Google searches by scanning websites and following different website links. However, this index may not cover all your webpages.
- Use URLs from my page feed only: This strategy targets webpages in your custom feed with specific rules that are created from XPO Curator. For instance, a rule that says "All Webpages", will target all URLs in your feed, and a rule that includes the word "book" will use URLs in your feed that includes the word book.
These specific pages are used in your DSA, and the landing URLs lets Google understand when to show your ads and where to direct them on your website.
- Use URLs from both Google's index of my website and my page feed: This strategy targets both, Google's index of your website as well as the custom feed you wish to add to the campaign.
F. From the campaign dashboard, click Next once you have scheduled it, keyed in the budget (shared or non-shared), selected the bidding strategy, attribution options, and other campaign details.
3. Create A Dynamic Search Ad Group
A. From the Search Type drop-down which includes both Standard and Dynamic, select Dynamic.
You can also select Search Type as Standard.
B. Targeting Options for your Ad Group
|Categories Recommended||For your website, you can select multiple pages that match your targeting theme and goal. These categories are based on the website/domain entered at the campaign level. Google creates a list of targetable landing pages that you can then select and group.|
You can either include all webpages from your website which covers all the webpages discovered by Google's search and/or crawlers for targeting, or choose specific pages from your website based on category, page content, page title, or URL to target your ads to appear.
This is done by creating rules or by pasting exact URLs where you can add multiple URLs to target.
To create rules for targeting on your webpages, your options are:
|Audiences and Keywords||
(click image to view)
This option is recommended since it does not affect the campaign performance and monitors how your ads are performing based on your selected placements, URLs, titles, and audiences. This option does not narrow your campaign and ad group strategy, instead, let's you observe your strategy.
C. After you add your ad group bidding strategy and additional settings, click Create.
4. Create an 'Expanded Dynamic Search Ad' Creative
A. From the creative dashboard, click Create New Design and your dynamic search ads will automatically generate:
- The Final URL which will dynamically generate the landing pages based on content matching with the Search queries.
- Headlines, where Google Ads dynamically generate them from the content on your website with the Search phrases that lead to your ad placement.
- Display Path (please read the below image)
B. You need at least ONE Description for your dynamic search ad, with a maximum limit of 90 characters. You can add a maximum of two descriptions.
C. Click Publish and your campaign becomes live.
- You can edit, clone, archive, view reports, and view history for Dynamic Search Ad Campaigns and Ad Groups, for the same accounts as well as across multiple accounts.
- You can sync existing Dynamic Search Ad Campaigns and Ad Groups from your Adwords account into XPO.