In XPO, If you wish to target more than one audience segment for your ad groups, it is important to understand the relationship between them and how XPO approaches your strategy. Here are 3 scenarios to help you strategize correctly.
- You select 2 newly created (or old) audiences from the Add Audiences menu.
- You Include one audience segment and Exclude the other.
- Here, your ad group strategy will follow the AND strategy where you target BOTH Segments selected. Here's how it works:
- Included Segment: Targeting will include all the First Party audiences with the same characteristics of this segment (FTP-US).
- Excluded Segment: Audiences targeted will have the opposite characteristics from this segment. Hence we 'Exclude' the audience segment.
- You select 1 newly created (or old) audience from the Add Audiences menu.
Option A. You Include the audience segment.
- In this scenario, your ad group strategy is to target ALL audiences with the same characteristics as your selected segment.
Option B. You Exclude the audience segment.
- In this scenario, your ad group strategy is to target audiences with the opposite characteristics of your selected segment. Hence we 'Exclude' the segment.
- You select 3 newly created (or old) audiences from the Add Audiences menu.
- You Include two audience segments and Exclude the third one.
- In this situation, your ad group targeting will follow the below strategies.
- The two Included Segments: These two segments will follow the OR strategy. This means your targeting will include either ONE of these audience segments to target.
- Excluded Segment: This segment will have the AND strategy along with the two included segments above. However, only those audiences will be targeted that have the opposite characteristics from this segment.