This feature is only applicable to Facebook Ad Groups.
As marketer, you want to show your ads a number of times to your audience to help build awareness. However, too much of something will backfire and can become an annoyance. Setting frequency cap lets you limit the number of exposures that your ads should be shown to an individual. There are various options available in XPO that you can set depending on your budget, audience size, and schedule. Here's a detailed understanding on Frequency Capping.
- For your new (or existing) Facebook campaign, ensure the objective is Reach.
- Create a new Facebook ad group with an optimization goal as Daily Unique Reach.
- In the Frequency Cap field, you can set an impression limit ranging from 1 to 90 and the number of days with the same limit range.
If you key invalid values in the impressions or days fields, an error message will pop up “Impressions and days must be an integer between 1 and 90”.
- Click Save to get your ad group running.
- You will not be able to edit the Frequency Cap of your Facebook ad groups. The field will be disabled.
- When you clone this ad group, you can edit the Frequency Cap.