In XPO, you can bulk operate (i.e. add, remove or edit) targeting options for multiple ad groups all at once in a single step.
- Ad Group dashboard > select a campaign and then select one or more Facebook ad groups and their targeting options that you wish to update.
- Click Edit. The dropdown list provides you with various targeting options (a) Settings, (b) Audience, (c) Technology, and (d) Content.
- Click Save to submit your bulk update requests to our automated system. A link will be shared for you to check the status of your bulk updates. It will take a few seconds to minutes for the review.
(a) Settings: Change Ad Group Settings
Here, you can change ad group(s) details:
- Start & end date
- Spend limit
- Bid strategy
- Bid value and
- Billing events
(b) Audience: Change Targeting Option
These are the targeting options that you can change:
(i) Audience Segments
- From the Audience option, select Audience Segments to add/edit/remove a segment for the selected Facebook ad groups.
- Click on +Audiences to get the list of all audiences created under this account. The tags will describe the type of audience segment.
(ii) Day & Time
- Update the day and time for multiple ad groups here.
- When your selected ad groups are on a Daily Budget and/or Campaign Budget Optimization mode, the option to Run ads on schedule will be disabled.
- When your selected ad groups are on a Lifetime Budget mode, you can opt to Run ads on schedule.
- Opt for either All days or Working hours, the changes of which will reflect on the selected ad groups.
(iii) Age & Gender
- Update the age and gender for multiple ad groups here.
- You can select the age range from 13 up to 65+.
- You can select gender as All, Male, or Female.
(iv) Detailed Targeting (Demographics, Interests and Behaviors)
- Update Interests, Behaviors, and Demographics for multiple ad groups here.
- You can choose to Include and/or Exclude audiences for the selected ad groups.
- You can opt to Narrow down the target audiences.
- Targeting Expansion option is also available for the selected ad groups.
(v) Geography / Geolocation
- You can add/remove location(s) to multiple ad groups from here. There must be at least one location added.
- You can import geo-lists, which were created using Facebook as a channel.
- Options to select Everyone in this location, People who live in this location, etc. can be selected to update geo-targeting.
- Specify whether you want to Include/Exclude your added location(s).
(vi) Ad Placements
- Update ad placements for multiple ad groups from here.
- Select either Automatic Placements or Custom Placements (all devices, mobile-only, or desktop only). Once edited, all selected ad groups will reflect the updated placements.
(c) Technology: Change Targeting Option
- Update device settings for multiple ad groups from here.
- If the selected ad groups do not have a specific device setting, by default, all devices will be selected for the ad groups.
- You can select options - All Mobile Devices, Android Devices only, iOS Devices only, or Features Phones only.
- You can Include/Exclude selected devices for the ad groups.
- Option to enable devices connected to wifi only is available.
(d) Content: Change Targeting Option
- Link/unlink creative(s) for multiple ad groups here.
- The + Link Creative list consists of all creatives created in the selected Account for the same Facebook Ad Account and Facebook Page.
- The list will also vary depending on the supported campaign objective.
- The tag displayed will specify the type of creative format, along with the start and end date of the creative.
- If the selected ad groups already have a few linked creatives, you can choose to unlink the same.
- Update languages for multiple ad groups here.
- If the selected ad groups have few languages selected, you can choose to remove them.
- Add new languages manually which will then reflect in the selected ad groups.
- Bulk update targeting options will be made available only when ALL selected ad groups are Facebook ad groups. If not, the below error will pop up.
- If Facebook ad groups belong to a special ad category campaign, the non-supported targeting options will not be available to edit. For instance, some interests or behaviors may not be supported.
Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request