Prospects can come from anywhere, anytime to use your app or visit your website. You want to be able to convert them to become your customers at every opportunity. Developing a critical understanding of your prospects is key to unlocking this ability.
In XPO, we have introduced this powerful capability called "Audience Splicing" to combine together disparate data from various sources of your prospects to give you a holistic and insightful view and identify the customer's journey. Audience Splicing gives you a granular view of your audience interests, engagement, and behavior, including:
- Insights of audiences such as their demography, what and where they engage with;
- Site analytics to learn traffic sources;
- Devices from where the traffic comes from;
- Top landing pages, how the users are engaging within those pages, the bounce rates, user activity like active users, etc.
Data Sources for Audience Splicing
Audience Splicing (AS) data which is essentially your first-party audience data can come from data collected from both web and mobile apps when you
- embed XPO conversion or remarketing pixels onto your website to get web audience data
- CRM and/or a lookalike audience that you link to XPO
- app activities that you measure using mobile measurement partner to get app audience data, or
- device list that you upload to XPO
Once these data sources are linked or imported to XPO, it will take approximately 24-48 hours to start populating the data on the dashboard based on the campaigns that you run. Data will be automatically refreshed or updated every 3 hours interval.
How To Access Audience Splicing In XPO
- From the menu: Audience > Audience Splicing.
It will take 24-48 hours for the initial data to populate on the dashboard.
- Once the data starts populating, you can first analyze the Highlights of your audience.
- Unique Users
- Number of Events are the impressions, clicks, engagement, etc. tracked by the server
- New Users to your websites
- Conversions tracked by your pixels
- Retention is the total number of prospects who re-visit your website
This metric gives you a breakdown of users based on how active they are on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Active Users in the past 24 hours.
- User Activity (monthly/weekly/daily).
- Traffic Source such as visits from Display, Video, Native, Email, etc. to your website.
- Social Traffic Sources from all the social networks driving traffic to you.
- Search Traffic Source from the search engines driving people to you.
This metric provides insights into your audience's interaction with your business. This data helps you to know how effective your ads have been and when the right time to post your ads is.
- Active Users (by the hour).
- Bounce Rate identifies the percentage of web sessions with only a one-page view per day.
- Top Landing Pages identifies the web pages that are first visited by your prospects.
This metric covers the demographics of your audience so that you can personalize more contextually relevant ads or content to them.
Q1. How do I enable Audience Splicing in XPO?
Ans: Audience Splicing is auto-enabled in XPO once you have your first-party audience segments uploaded for a campaign. The data takes 28-48 hours to first populate on the Audience Splicing dashboard for your analysis.
Q2. How does Audience Splicing differ from site analytics that I have been using?
Ans: Site analytics (software e.g. Google Analytics, Piwik, Mixpanel, Clicky, etc.) measure sessions where a set of user's interactions is recorded within a specific time frame whereas Audience Splicing tracks data such as the audience visiting specific sites, their interests, behavior, and demographics, where having these insights can help in your campaigns.
Audience splicing is not an alternative or replacement for your site analytics. It is complementary and helps to improve your understanding further.
Q3. Why do the numbers differ between the Audience Splicing dashboard and my Google Analytics?
Ans: Yes, they will be different as they are measuring different things. See Q2.
Q4. Similar to website audiences, can you also track app audiences?
Ans: Yes you can. You will need to connect your mobile measurement partner accounts to XPO so that you can track user activities on your app(s).
Article is closed for comments.