This feature is only applicable to Search campaigns on Google.
Knorex XPO supports different types of app install campaigns which include:
- Google's Universal App Install Campaigns
- Programmatic App Install Campaigns
- Facebook App Install Campaigns
Google Ad's Universal App Campaigns (UAC) is an effective way to promote the discovery and installation of your mobile apps and in-app conversions. UAC connects you with your users across Google Search, Google Display, Google Play, and YouTube.
How To Create UAC In XPO
POINT TO NOTE
Currently, UAC in XPO can be launched only by the + Quick Launch button.
1. Quick Launch a new Campaign
- From your Account Dashboard, click +Quick Launch
- Follow the set up below by creating your campaign, ad group and creative
2. Select channel as Search and campaign objective as App Install
- If you have enabled multiple apps in your account settings, only one app can be selected while creating a new campaign, ad group, and/or creative
- Select Advertiser and Google Ad Account
- Select Mobile App's Platform and search for your app linked to this account
- Select KPI as Cost Per Install
3. Targeting Options
You have the options to select Languages and/or Geo-locations which can be added or removed later from the ad group settings.
4. Add overall and daily budget, and allocate budget to the Search channel
Shared Budget is not applicable to these campaigns.
5. Search Bidding Strategies
- Install Volume
XPO optimizes your bid to achieve a maximum number of new app users. Target Cost Per Install is the average bid amount you'd spend on every new installation.
The total budget is optimized to get as many installs as possible at that set bid amount.
- In-App Actions
Based on the pre-requisite point 2, the conversion goal needs to be added to use Bidding Strategy "In-App Actions" and is a mandatory step.
This is selected to find more valuable users where XPO focuses on audiences who are most likely to complete an in-app action strategy set by you for the campaign. Here, Total Cost Per Action is the average bid amount you'd spend each time the in-app action is performed.
The total budget is optimized to get as many app actions as possible at that set bid amount.
Select App Conversions which was created by you under pre-requisite point 2.
6. Click Save.
7. Once you reach the Ad Group dashboard, create a Search Ad Group for this campaign.
8. From the Creative dashboard, create a Search Creative.
- Select App Install as Creative Type. Click Save.
A minimum of two headlines is required for App Install Creatives, with a maximum of five. Each headline has a character limit of 30.
You cannot duplicate a headline for the same design creative.
A minimum of one description is required for App Install Creatives, with a maximum of five. Each description has a character limit of 90.
You cannot duplicate descriptions for the same design creative.
- Select your creative option(s) as Images, Videos and HTML5 files.
You can upload images, videos (YouTube videos as well), and HTML5 file formats, all of which can be new files or existing ones from your account media library.
Ensure all files follow the creative specifications to avoid troubleshooting errors.
You can upload a maximum of 20 images, videos, and HTML5 files each, in multiple sizes and formats.
If there are any creative errors, XPO prompts suggestions to solve them and save the new design.
- Once done, link your creatives to the ad group created in step 6. You can add or remove creatives from targeting options inside the ad group.
POINTS TO NOTE
- You can edit, clone, archive and also view reports for app install campaigns and ad groups for the same account as well as across multiple accounts.
- You can sync existing UAC campaigns with their exact strategy, optimization, and data from your Adwords Account into XPO, with no drop in the campaign performance.