With Knorex XPO, you can increase your app traction by targeting more desired users and streamlining your app campaigns.
Google Ad's Universal App Campaigns (UAC) is an effective way to promote your mobile apps by driving installations and in-app conversions. UAC connects you with your users across Google Search, Google Display, Google Play, and YouTube.
Pre-Requisites For Creating UAC In XPO
1. Configure your app(s) in XPO.
From Account Info in XPO Arena, go to Account Settings and select your platform (Android or iOS), allocate the app(s), and link them to your Account. Click Save.
Once done, the apps will be shown while creating your Google app install campaign for this account.
2. Create conversion goals for your UAC.
From the Tags menu, select conversions, and create a new goal. Fill in details like Advertiser, App, and AdWords Account.
This is done to use Bidding Strategy "In-App Actions" and is a mandatory step (explained in detail later on).
How To Create UAC In XPO
POINT TO NOTE
Currently, UAC in XPO can be launched only by the + Quick Launch button.
1. Quick Launch a new Campaign
- From your Account Dashboard, click +Quick Launch
- Follow the set up below by creating your campaign, ad group and creative
2. Select channel as Search and campaign objective as App Install
- If you have enabled multiple apps in your account settings, only one app can be selected while creating a new campaign, ad group, and/or creative
- Select Advertiser and Google Ad Account
- Select Mobile App's Platform and search for your app linked to this account
- Select KPI as Cost Per Install
3. Targeting Options
You have the options to select Languages and/or Geo-locations which can be added or removed later from the ad group settings.
4. Add overall and daily budget, and allocate budget to the Search channel
Shared Budget is not applicable to these campaigns.
5. Search Bidding Strategies
- Install Volume
XPO optimizes your bid to achieve a maximum number of new app users. Target Cost Per Install is the average bid amount you'd spend on every new installation.
The total budget is optimized to get as many installs possible at that set bid amount.
- In-App Actions
This is selected to find more valuable users where XPO focuses on audiences who are most likely to complete an in-app action strategy set by you for the campaign. Here, Total Cost Per Action is the average bid amount you'd spend each time the in-app action is performed.
The total budget is optimized to get as many app actions as possible at that set bid amount.
Select App Conversions which was created by you under pre-requisite point 2.
6. Click Save.
7. Once you reach the Ad Group dashboard, create a Search Ad Group for this campaign.
8. From the Creative dashboard, create a Search Creative.
- Select App Install as Creative Type. Click Save.
A minimum of two headlines is required for App Install Creatives, with a maximum of five. Each headline has a character limit of 30.
You cannot duplicate a headline for the same design creative.
A minimum of one description is required for App Install Creatives, with a maximum of five. Each description has a character limit of 90.
You cannot duplicate descriptions for the same design creative.
- Select your creative option(s) as Images, Videos and HTML5 files.
You can upload images, videos (YouTube videos as well), and HTML5 file formats, all of which can be new files or existing ones from your account media library.
Ensure all files follow the creative specifications to avoid troubleshooting errors.
You can upload a maximum of 20 images, videos, and HTML5 files each, in multiple sizes and formats.
If there are any creative errors, XPO prompts suggestions to solve them and save the new design.
- Once done, link your creatives to the ad group created in step 6. You can add or remove creatives from targeting options inside the ad group.
POINTS TO NOTE
- You can edit, clone, archive and also view reports for app install campaigns and ad groups for the same account as well as across multiple accounts.
- You can sync existing UAC campaigns with their exact strategy, optimization, and data from your Adwords Account into XPO, with no drop in the campaign performance.
Q.1. Can I run UAC campaigns in XPO and use Appsflyer, Branch.io and/or Adjust as my Mobile Measurement Partner?