Facebook and Google Ads (formerly known as "AdWords") are two of the most popular and powerful ad platforms in the world. We want to bring the benefits from both platforms to you so that you can use them to the fullest. In XPO, we have spent a tremendous amount of time and effort to ensure that XPO connects with the two and works as well as possible.
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) that we get, if you can't find the question/answer here, feel free to reach out to us:
Q1. What are the advantages of running Facebook and Google Ads campaigns via XPO?
Ans. These are some key advantages of using XPO to work with Facebook and Google Ads including:
- Audience and budget optimization: you can create multiple ad groups with different target audiences and strategies. Leverage on XPO's auto-optimization for budget allocation across the different ad groups to drive towards your campaign KPI.
- Ad creatives automation: With multiple ad creatives, you can also create a feed to do A/B testing on Facebook. In XPO, you can easily create ad groups and test them out concurrently. This is because XPO has inbuilt automation on the workflow for both creative designs and Dynamic Creative Optimization.
- Reporting: XPO reports transaction IDs that are not available on Facebook. By using XPO, you also get to access both types of reporting unified into one platform.
- Scalability (especially for agencies): With features such as cloning, you can clone campaigns and creatives across different Facebook ad accounts easily. There is also a bulk editing tool in XPO.
Q2. Can I use my existing Business Manager (BM) account or My Client Center (MCC) account, or must I use Knorex XPO BM/MCC Accounts?
Ans: Yes, absolutely. You can use your own BM/MCC Accounts. Knorex XPO is integrated with Facebook and Google Ads to help automate campaign setup, launch, and optimization directly in them.
Q3. What is the billing workflow?
Q4. If I were to make a change on Facebook or Google Ads directly, will it get reflected in XPO? How do I sync my accounts?
Q5. Can I sync existing Facebook or Google Ads campaigns to XPO?
Ans: For Facebook, yes, you can sync existing campaigns. See Q4 for more details.
For Search campaigns, currently, we do not support syncing an existing campaign from Google Ads to XPO. You will need to set up a new campaign in XPO and it will appear in your Google Ads account.
Q6. What are the advantages of using XPO vs an in-house/internal team to manage all the different channels (since Facebook, Google Ads, etc. already provide their respective tools to help)?
- Collection Ads
- Poll Ads
- Bulk Update Campaigns & Ad Groups
- Asset Customization Ads
- Dynamic Creative Ads
- Video Ad Thumbnail
- Campaign Objective: Engagement via Messages
- Ad Group Reach & Link Click Estimation
- Facebook Reach & Frequency Prediction Campaign
The below features will not be available in XPO as Facebook API does not support them:
Campaign Objective: Store Visits
Instagram Post in Ad
Q.8. What is Shared Audience?
Ans. You can sync a list of shared audiences into XPO and add them to an ad group. Audiences can be shared from your Facebook Business Manager accounts.
Q.9. What is Facebook and/or Adwords Custom Audience/ Website Traffic Audience in XPO?
Ans. You can create a Custom Audience from your website for any group of visitors that you'd like to reach with targeted Facebook/Google ads. For example, you can run a campaign to reach people who visited a product page but didn't complete a purchase to encourage them to go back to the website to do so. Or, you can create an audience of everyone who's visited your website in the past 30 days.
Q.10. What is a Call-To-Action Facebook Ad?
Ans. A call-to-action ad promotes your Page's call-to-action button. The button encourages people to take an action that is important to your business, such as booking appointments or shopping on your website.
For instance, if you add the Shop Now button to your Page, the button encourages people to shop. The corresponding call-to-action ad promotes the Shop Now button to a wider audience.
Q.11. What is Facebook Feed in Catalog?
Ans. Refer to this article to understand more about Feed In Catalogs.
You can create catalogs for different types of inventory, like products (ecommerce), hotels, flights, destinations, home listings (real-estate) or vehicles (automobiles).
Q.12. What are the payment methods for Facebook Ad Accounts?
Ans. Refer to this article that explains the different invoicing methods based on different situations.
Ans. Yes, the below features are in the pipeline to be introduced into XPO Dashboard:
Ad Customizers/ Custom Syntax Ads
- Gmail Ads
- Account Global Settings