XPO has integrated with Branch.io to supercharge your mobile revenue and growth. Branch is the industry leading mobile measurement and deep linking platform, which provides an attribution analysis with links built to acquire, engage, and measure across all devices, channels, and platforms.
By using the deep linking solution from Branch and embed deep links into ads, you can steer prospects directly to the exact contents or products instead of them having to fumble and find their way to the right contents/products, thus improving their user experience through greater convenience.
You can create Branch deep links only once you have configured your Branch Account.
What Is Deep Linking And Why Do You Need It?
When an item (e.g. content/product) is on the web (or mobile web), providing a link that an online visitor can click from an ad directly to that exact item instead of just to the homepage even though the item can be multiple clicks away or multi-level deep in a website is still feasible and straightforward. Such a direct link to the 'buried' item is called "deep link".
On mobile app, however, deep linking doesn't work as expected as with the web (including mobile web). When a mobile user sees an ad and click on it, he/she will be taken to the mobile web browser even if he/she has installed that particular brand's mobile app, which likely would have provided a much better user experience. Deep link allows you to direct the user to the exact content inside an app. So, when a user shares an item he/she discovers with others, he/she can send a deep link to bring them directly to that item in the app. Without deep link, they would have to go to the app's main/top screen or homepage, search for the item or browse around till they find that item, hopefully with enough patience so as not to drop off.
This is where Branch.io comes to the rescue. Branch.io does the heavy lifting by combining every deep linking standard into a single solution and makes deep links work to direct users right to the actual item on mobile apps.
How To Configure Branch Display Ad Links With XPO
1. Login to your Branch Account and select Partner Management from the Ads dropdown. Search and select Ad Partner Knorex to continue.
2.a. Knorex does not require any account credentials, therefore click Save.
2.b. Configure, Edit and Add Postback URLS and click Save.
3. Select "Create Knorex Link".
4. Click on Create Display Link and Continue.
5. Name your link, select which ad format you want to use and click on Configure Options.
6. Learn more about Configure Options and Validating & Sharing them from Branch's website.
7. After creating the deep link from Branch dashboard, you will need to Enable Branch in your XPO Account Information. Follow the below steps:
- Select Trafficking from Utility menu
- Click on Account Info from the Account menu
- From Account Settings, click On Mobile In-App Attribution (Branch) and Save.
8.a. Share the deep link with your Knorex Account Manager (incase of Managed Service). OR
8.b. Enter the deep link into XPO platform. This is added in your Creative setup. From XPO Designer, you will need to input the link under "Target Click".
How To Configure Branch Search Ad Links With XPO
Scenario 1: When you access your own Google AdWords Ad Account
1. From Tools & Settings menu, select Linked accounts from Setup dropdown.
2. Select Third-party app analytics and click on the + button.
3. Key in information required with Branch as a partner.
This step involves inputting both your iOS app url and Android app url (or either of them). The options will be available on your Google dashboard once you reach this step of configuration. The image below is an example of an app for Google Ads only.
Click on Create Link ID.
4. Copy the respective Link IDs from the dashboard.
5. Login to your Branch Account. From Partner Management dashboard, search for Google AdWords. Connect with Google by signing into your account.
6. Select the AdWords Ad Account from where you created the above Link ID. Click Next.
7. Enter the Link ID(s) and click Save.
Scenario 2: When you don't have access to your Google AdWords Ad Account
1. From your Branch.io Account Settings, select Agencies. Click on Add New Agency.
2. Search for Knorex. Give us access and permission to configure all the Links for you. Click Invite.
3. Notify your Knorex Account Manager that you have added Knorex as an Agency in your Branch Account.
4. Knorex will receive an email confirmation from your Branch Account. Now, we will configure your AdWords (or Facebook) details into Branch.io.
How To Configure Branch Facebook Ad Links With XPO
Scenario 1: When you access your own Facebook Ad Account
1. From your Branch Account, navigate to Partner Management, search for Facebook and Connect With Facebook.
2. Login to your Facebook Account.
a. Then, select the relevant Facebook Ad Account IDs which you wish to link with Branch.
b. Facebook App ID is fixed and is linked to the relevant Ad Account selected in step 2a. Use the ID number from below. Click Save.
3. From the Partner Dashboard, click on Create Facebook Link.
4. Select App Install or Engagement. Click Continue.
5. Name your Link and move to Configure Options.
6. Enter your Deep Link. You have the option to enter more information about your app. This is done by keying in a specific page(s) and mention whether your deep link is for app open, app engagement, etc. Click Create Link Now.
7. Copy the new Facebook link created.
8. Launch XPO Creative dashboard. Create a new Facebook Ad Creative and select Creative Type as Single Image Ad.
Paste the copied link from step 7 under Destination URL. Change Call To Action to Install App. Save the new creative.
Scenario 2: When you don't have access to your Facebook Ad Account
You will need to provide Knorex access to your Branch Account for configuration.
Follow steps mentioned under Scenario 2 for Branch Search Ad Links.