This feature is only applicable to Facebook campaigns.
You can zero in on specific target audience segments on Facebook using the Detailed Targeting capability, now available in XPO. This capability lets you refine the group of people that you want to show your ads to, which implies targeting a "narrow audience" as referred to by Facebook.
You can further refine your targeting by using additional demographics including education, financial, life events such as birthdays, relationship status, work, etc.
How To Create Narrow Audience In Facebook?
A. Ad Group Targeting
- Create a Facebook ad group for the campaign you wish to set this strategy for. Learn how to create an ad group here.
- From the ad group dashboard, select the Facebook ad group that you have just created (or use an existing Facebook ad group)
- Select Demographics from the targeting options. Apart from age and gender options, you can further categorize your audience breakdown.
- The detailed breakdown are some of the following:
- Education level, fields of study, schools, undergrad years, etc.
- Financial and income levels
- Life events such as anniversary, date of birth, newlywed or engaged, etc
- Parents with adult children, preschoolers, teenagers, toddlers, etc
- Relationship status
- Work, designations and industry specifics
- Once you select your categorization, choose to Include or Exclude then click Save.
B. Saved Audience Segment
- Create a Social Audience Segment.
Select Saved Audience and fill in the rule groups according to your audience targeting strategy.
- You now have the option to target based on Demographics, Behaviors, and Interests, as explained in step A4.
- Save the Audience Segment.
- Link the segment to your new ad group settings or edit an existing ad group.
When you are narrowing your audience, be sure not to be too specific or narrow as that will reduce the audience size to be too small to be effective in its reach, thus leading to unfavorable results.