You can easily launch Google Ads (formerly known as "AdWords") campaign in XPO with just a few minutes. To do this, you need a valid Google ad account and link it to your XPO Advertiser account.
1. Grant Access To MCC Account
The purpose of granting the access is configure your MCC (My Client Center) account on XPO to allow you to fully utilize XPO features like creation of ad accounts, page management, syncing campaigns and audiences.
- To grant admin access to your MCC Account, you need to send your MCC ID to your Knorex Account Manager to request access
- Once your Account Manager sends a request to your MCC account, click Accept to grant the access request to "Knorex".
2a. New Ad Account Linking
- Ensure you have completed the mandatory steps described in Step 1 earlier.
- On the partner level dashboard, click Manage AdWords under Utility > Select + AdWords Account
- Select your existing XPO Account > XPO Advertiser > MCC Account > name the new AdWord Account > click Save.
XPO will automatically link your XPO account to the newly created Adword account using your MCC Account details.
To verify that you have successfully linked the two accounts, click on create a campaign in XPO. The newly linked AdWord account name will show under the Google Ad Account section.
WHY IS THE FEATURE +ADWORDS ACCOUNT BENEFICIAL?
Previously, you were required to create a new ad account on your MCC account and then invite/ provide access to Knorex team to the ad account. You were then required to go to XPO to link the new ad account to XPO platform or ask XPO Support to link them.
- Now you only need to create the Google Ad account on XPO and all the steps (creation of ad account on AdWords and linking) is not needed
- You are not required to give Knorex access to every newly created Google Ad account. This promotes independence on XPO with a one time admin access for all accounts
We estimate saving around 24 hours to configure a Google Ad account that included manual steps/email communication, which is now redundant.
2b. Existing Ad Account Linking
- Ensure that you have completed the mandatory steps mentioned earlier in Section 1.
- On the partner level dashboard, click on Manage AdWords under Utility
- Identify your Google Ad account name. To link this to your existing advertiser accounts, click on the Allocate Account.
- You will be prompted to enter the XPO account name you would like to link this AdWords account to.
Click on Save to confirm changes.
To verify that you have successfully linked the two accounts (for both 2a and 2b), click on create a campaign in XPO. The newly linked Google Ad account name will appear under the Google ad account section.
3a. Set Up A NEW Search Campaign
You can create Search Campaigns through Media Broker under the Campaign tab.
The steps to create a Search Campaign is the same as explained in our Campaign Setup article. Select the respective Google Account when filling in the campaign info:
3b. Sync EXISTING Search Campaigns
4. Invoicing Based On Different Situations
- For existing ad accounts, after you sync these accounts into XPO, Knorex will invoice only the platform fees based on the signed MSA (Agreement)
- For new ad accounts created on your MCC Account, payment details are already fed into your account. Once you sync these accounts into XPO, Knorex will invoice only the platform fees based on the signed MSA
- For new ad accounts created on XPO:
a. If you choose to configure your own payment details (credit card details or credit line) in your Google Ad account, Knorex will invoice you only the platform fees based on the signed MSA
b. If you choose to allow Knorex to handle all payments related to the newly created account, we will invoice you both total media spend on AdWords and platform fees as per MSA
1. Can I sync existing campaigns from my MCC Account to XPO?
Ans. No, currently we do not support syncing an existing campaign from AdWords to XPO. You will need to set up a new campaign in XPO.
2. Can I receive attribution reports from XPO for my existing AdWords campaigns without syncing my MCC account to XPO?
Ans. Yes, you can receive attribution reports for your existing AdWords campaigns. This is done by generating a Tracker from XPO and embed into your existing Search campaign.
3. Is there an additional fee charged to receive attribution reports without syncing my MCC account to XPO?
Ans. Yes, you will need to pay a tracker fee to Knorex as per your signed agreement to receive attribution reports. Contact your Account Manager for more details.