This feature is only applicable to Search campaigns on Google.
What Is Search Ad Extension?
Search Ad Extension lets you feature additional information about your business on your search ad. Some examples of ad extensions include business location, phone number, links to your webpage and more.
With ad extension, not only you get to promote your business, you get to
- maximize campaign performance
- increase campaign CTR
- promote greater visibility
When it comes to populating information into the ad extension, there are two modes that you can choose from:
- Manual mode: you will have to fill in your business details manually. Naturally, you get to customize your ads.
- Automatic mode: AdWords will try to fill in automatically for you (though you may need to make changes).
- Design a Creative
From the menu: Creative > click + Creative.
- Select Extension Type
Select Search Ads > Search Extension > select one Extension Type based on your advertising goals. Once done, click Submit.
Types of Ad Extensions
There are 8 types of ad extensions available:
- Sitelink Extensions are additional links you can add to your ad. They bring people to specific pages on your website when they click on the links.
- Callout Extension lets you promote your business' unique features with a few words or phrase. When website users view your ads, they get detailed information about your business, products and services.
- These provide another way for potential customers to reach you via mobile devices. message extensions let customers send you messages directly from your ad.
(NOTE: You will need to specify a phone number that is able to receive and send messages)
- Add more value to your search ads by using price extension, which gives you more space to showcase your services and products with transparent pricing. This extension will link people directly to the item on your page that they are interested in.
- App extension lets you add a mobile app download button on your ad. Clicking the button will redirect people to your app description in the app store.
- Promotion Extension lets you advertise sales, coupons, and deals your business has to offer.
- Call extension lets you display a phone number on your ads. People can click on the number to call your business directly, leading to more customer engagement and higher chances of tracking conversions.
- The Structured Snippet Extension gives visitors a preview of your services and products. For example, it will show key aspects of your business, such as brands, featured hotels, types, etc.