The XPO conversion pixel can piggyback and fire off of the existing pixel implementations without requiring you to edit the HTML on your website. Depending on the system that you are using, you can follow the below instructions to get it working.
If you are using DV360 / DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM) / DoubleClick for Advertiser (DFA)
Copy the content of the HTML image tag
img inside the
Note that dynamic values such as transaction "currency" and "value" should be updated in the "src" field of the
img HTML tag accordingly. Actual methods vary by tracking provider, so you should check with your provider.
If you are using other systems
Tag Supported By DCM Floodlight Tags For Piggybacking
There are 2 modes for tags to be piggybacked:
How To Piggyback XPO pixel Through DCM Floodlight Tags?
- Generate the tag using XPO (XPO Dashboard > Pixel > Conversion).
- Next, implement the XPO pixel in floodlight activities→ dynamic tags→ section→ Default tags.
How To Pass Variables To XPO Pixel?
- You have the variables/macros in your DCM floodlight tags used on your website.
- You have created any required custom variable/macro in XPO, if needed (XPO Dashboard > Pixel > Tag Configuration).
- This can be accomplished using the %p DCM macro
- Syntax of %p DCM macro - %p[start_key_string]![end_character]
- The above macro would copy everything that's between the start key and the end character
Let's say you want to pass HotelID and HotelName information from DCM tag to XPO pixel:
Article is closed for comments.