The XPO conversion-tracking pixel can piggyback and fire off of the existing pixel implementations without requiring you to edit the HTML on your website. Depending on the system that you are using, you can follow the below instructions to get it working.
If You Are Using DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM) or DoubleClick for Advertiser (DFA)
Note that dynamic values such as transaction "currency" and "value" should be updated in the "src" field of the <img> HTML tag accordingly. Actual methods vary by tracking provider, so you should check with your provider.
If You Are Using Other Systems
Tag Supported By DCM Floodlight Tags For Piggybacking
There are 2 modes for tags to be piggybacked and supported:
|Image Tag||<img border="0" scr="https://ads.google.com/conversion?id=xxxxxxxx&cid=">|
How To Piggyback Knorex Pixels Through DCM Floodlight Tags
- Knorex XPO team (for the time being; we are working to release in future for you to self-generate) will generate pixel in for either of the above mode i.e. Image Tag or URL
- Knorex to send pixel to Agency/Advertiser
- Agency/Advertiser will need to implement Knorex pixel in floodlight activities→ dynamic tags→ section→ Default tags.
How To Pass Variables To Knorex Pixels
- Agency/Advertiser has implemented variables in their DCM floodlight tags used on advertiser's/own website.
- Agency/Advertiser passed the Live/Production Floodlight Tags Knorex. This is needed for Knorex to customise the variables accordingly.
- This can be accomplished using the %p DCM macro
- Syntax of %p DCM macro - %p[start_key_string]![end_character]
- The above macro would copy everything that's between the start key and the end character
Let's say we want to pass HotelID and HotelName information from DCM tag to Knorex Pixel: