Enabling MOAT tracker comes with an additional fee as charged by the third-party vendor.
In XPO, you have the option to use XPO's built-in free-of-charge viewability tracking capability or you can use a third-party verification MOAT to verify impression viewability.
XPO and MOAT viewability tracking follows IAB guidelines for counting in-view impressions:
- For Display Ads, 50% or more of the pixels of the ad must be visible on-screen for at least one continuous second.
- The browser window must be active/in-focus, which means that the browser is not minimized and the page is not in a background tab. If the browser and another application are side-by-side, the page in the browser is still considered in focus.
- MOAT tracks the ad itself and not the container of the ad. In rare cases, MOAT will track the ad container if a rich media ad contains multiple individual assets.
- Under the Campaign menu, select and click the campaign that you want to apply viewability tracking.
- Go to the Ad Groups section and select the ad group that you want to enable MOAT viewability tracking.
- On your left-hand side of Ad Group screen, right at the bottom, you will find MOAT, click it.
- Select Yes to enable MOAT viewability tracking. The MOAT viewability tracking tag will be automatically embedded into your ad creative. Click on Save to apply the changes.