In addition to XPO in-house viewability tracking, we also support MOAT - a third-party verification vendor that verifies impression viewability.
Please note that enabling MOAT tracker comes at an additional fee, charged by the vendor themselves.
MOAT follows IAB guidelines for counting in-view impressions:
- For Display Ads, 50% or more of the pixels of the ad must be visible on-screen for at least one continuous second.
- The browser window must be active/in-focus, which means that the browser is not minimized and the page is not in a background tab. If the browser and another application are side-by-side, the page in the browser is still considered in-focus.
- MOAT tracks the ad itself and not the container of the ad. In rare cases, MOAT will track the ad container if a rich media ad contains multiple individual assets.
Here are steps to enable MOAT Viewability Tracking:
1. On the XPO Dashboard, navigate to Campaigns and select your desired campaign:
2. On that campaign page, scroll down to Ad Groups section and select the Display or Native ad group that you want to enable MOAT Viewability Tracking for:
3. On the left-hand column of Ad Group page is a list of Ad Filters (Targeting options) that you can apply to this specific ad group. At the very bottom of the list is MOAT, click on it:
4. Click on Yes to enable MOAT Viewability Tracking. The MOAT Viewability Tracking tag will be embedded automatically to your ad creative. Click on Save to implement the changes: