Providing a brand-safe and trusted environment for your brand advertisements to appear is an important priority for us. We have taken a number of key steps and developed policies that safeguard our customers and partners in the quest to provide a positive experience to end users. We also work closely with our advertising channel/inventory and technology partners to ensure that your ads are delivered into respectable, trustworthy, and quality sites while adhering to their guidelines and recommended best practices.
We reserve the right to reject, pause, or remove any ads at our sole discretion if we find any published or prior to publishing advertisement, contains or promotes the following elements:
- Adult products and services (except for ads for family planning and contraception. Such ad must focus on contraceptive aspect and not on sexual pleasure/enhancement etc. and must target only adult or 18 years old and above), obscenity and sexual material (including nudity, obscured or implied sexual acts, explicit language, overly suggestive, provocative, explicit acts etc.) (please refer to Facebook/Taboola/Twitter for more details)
- Alcohol or referencing alcohol (unless complying with all applicable local laws, guidelines, licenses and approvals, age criteria)
- Content that could not be crawled (label status unknown)
- Crime, police & emergency
- Death & tragedy
- Deceptive, false, dishonest, or misleading contents including deceptive claims, offers, or business practices
- Derogatory content
- Embedded video
- Error pages, file-sharing pages, pirated content, malware, spyware, etc. that results in an unexpected, unauthorized or deceptive experience
- Financial related that are questionable (e.g. binary options, initial coin offering (ICO))
- Gambling (promoting or facilitating), state lottery
- Hate speech or related content promoting violence/advocating against a particular group (e.g. of race/ethnic, color, nationality, religion, political association, age, gender/sexual orientation, drugs etc.)
- Image-sharing pages
- Juvenile, gross & bizarre content
- Malware or malicious content
- Military & international conflict
- Parked domains
- Political content
- Prostitution content
- Profanity and rough language
- Recreational, illegal, or prescription drug
- Religious content
- Sensitive social issues
- Tobacco or paraphernalia
- Vehicle accidents
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
What Happens to Ads in violation
We strive to do our best, through technology supplemented with manpower, to ensure that ads, sites, and contents adhere to the policy. Nonetheless, in the event that there are:
- Ads in violation: We will reject and suspend from publishing until the policy violation is fixed and the ad is approved.
- Sites in violation: We will filter the sites and blacklist them. We will not run any ads on those sites thereafter.
- Accounts in violation: We will suspend the account if it has had several violations or one serious violation. All your ads will stop running and thereafter no longer accepted.
If you think your ad(s) was disapproved by mistake, please get in touch with us.