Here are steps to create First-party Audience Segments:
1. Go to Audience tab and click on + New
2. Fill information in New Audience window and click on Save
- Audience segment name: give the Audience a name you will remember and be able to quickly identify.
- Advertisers: choose the one you wish to add the audience segment for
- Select First Party
- Look-back window: It defines a time span which corresponds to stored audience data
3. There are 2 kinds of audience segment you can create using First-party Audience:
3.1 Create audience segments by selecting the respective Funnel, Conversion Goals or Creative Retargeting. For example, you can create an audience segment indicating those who convert, land into any goal step pages or interact with creatives.
3.2 Create audience segments by site-targeting
- Click on + Custom Segment to segment Audience based on URL, Device, UTM and include multiple segments in one Audience. These all segments denote "OR" relationship.
- Click + Segment to create separate segments which denote "AND" relationship.
4. Click on Save once you finish all steps.
Please refer to Display Ad Group Set-up to know how to add Audience to campaigns.