Before setting up your Search ad group, it is important to understand what they are and the different types of ad groups available. Check out the Introduction to Ad Groups section for more information.
Here are steps to create a Search ad group:
1. Under the Campaigns menu, click on the campaign that you wish to create under.
2. Click on the + New Ad Group button shown below. This will take you into the "New Adgroup" page.
3. Enter an appropriate Ad Group Name and select Search as the ad group type.
4. Inside Basic Info, set a Daily Budget cap by entering the amount you wish to allocate for this particular ad group. Please note that the budget allocated on the ad group level is a subset of that allocated on the campaign level and therefore cannot be more than the budget at the campaign level.
Set a Start Date and an End Date (if any) for the period of time the ad group is going to run for.
5. You may then set up your Targeting filters to serve your ads to the right audience via search. Targeting filters include Keywords where the user can either add keywords manually or upload a list of keywords. The system will then bid for ad inventory if the search content matches the list of keywords and deliver ads. XPO currently supports the following Keyword match types. Please use the respective naming convention to call out the relevant Keyword match type you would like to use.
|Match Type||Annotation Symbol||Example Keyword||Description||Example Searches|
|Broad Match Modifier||+Keyword||+restaurant
|Phrase Match||"Keyword"||"Restaurant and bar"||
|Exact Match||[Keyword]||[Restaurant and bar]||
Interests, Languages and GeoLocations filters can also be added by clicking on the add button and selecting the desired types respectively. Please note that a GeoLocations filter is mandatory. Check out our Prerequisites for Setting up a Campaign to learn more.
Language filters are used to target those audience whose language setting is of a chosen language. We can identify this via the users language setting of the content the user is searching for as well as the language setting of other Google products such as Gmail and Google drive. Therefore, we can target multiple languages as users may have different language settings on different devices.
Google stores information on the interests of users over time, based on their search queries on Google and Google products. Having a full Google API access allows Knorex to offer access to audience filtered by these interests on XPO. Select these filters of your choice under the Interests filter.
6. The final step is to set a target CPC bid limit for your bidding strategy. You may also choose to optimize your better-performing ads to be served more frequently to reach your target CPC rate.
7. Click Submit button to confirm changes and finish the process of Search ad group set-up.