Before setting up your Facebook ad group, it is important to understand what they are and the different types of ad groups available. Check out the Introduction to Ad Groups section for more information.
Here are steps to create a Facebook ad group:
1. To begin setting up the ad group, enter the campaign level and click on the campaign you wish to create under.
2. Click on the + New Ad Group button shown below. This will take you into the "New Adgroup" page.
3. Enter an appropriate Ad Group Name and select Facebook as the ad group type.
4. Inside Basic Info, set a Budget Cap by entering the amount you wish to allocate for this particular ad group. Here, you can choose between a daily budget cap and a cap that lasts for the entirety of the campaign flight time. Please note that the budget allocated on the ad group level is a subset of that allocated on the campaign level and therefore cannot be more than the budget at the campaign level.
Set a Start Date and an End Date (if any) for the period of time the ad group is going to run for.
5. You may then set up your Targeting filters to serve your ads to the right audience on Facebook. Targeting filters include Placements where users can either decide where the ad is placed or leave it to the system to decide and bid for the best inventory. Audiences can be added by either creating a Custom one or applying an existing audience set by clicking on the Saved button.
Interests, Behaviors, Languages and GeoLocations filters can also be added by clicking on the add button and selecting the desired types respectively. Please note that a location filter is mandatory. Check out our Prerequisites for Setting up a Campaign to learn more.
Finally, a Demographics filter may also be added and the age and gender can be controlled via the slider bar and checkboxes respectively.
6. The final step is to decide the bidding and optimization strategies for your campaign. The photo below shows the different strategies XPO offers to optimize for:
Users may also decide the pricing model. There are currently 2 models offered: CPM-based and CPC-based.
7. Click Submit button to confirm changes and finish the process of Facebook ad group set-up.