Before setting up your video ad group, it is important to understand what they are and the different types of ad groups available. Check out the Introduction to Ad Groups section for more information.
Setting up Ad Group
Follow the below steps to create a video ad group:
1. To begin setting up the ad group, enter the campaign level and click on the campaign you wish to create under.
2. Click on the + New Ad Group button shown below. This will take you into the "New Adgroup" page.
3. Enter an appropriate Ad Group Name and select Video as the ad group type. Set a Start Date and an End Date (if any) for the period of time the ad group is going to run for and select the Time Zone in which it is to run.
4. Under the Budget section, enter the amount you wish to allocate for this particular ad group. Please note that the budget allocated on the ad group level is a subset of that allocated on the campaign level and therefore cannot be more than the budget at the campaign level.
Although not mandatory, you may also enter an Impression Cap for the entire duration of the ad group as well as a daily quota for the number of impressions that can be served in Daily Impress Cap.
Finally, you may also set the Pacing for the budget spend. Given below are the different combinations of pacing that can be applied:
- Daily Even: A daily spend cap is a fixed budget to be spent every day. The daily budget is further divided equally throughout the day, per hour. The user has the control over the amount to be spent daily.
- Daily ASAP: A daily spend cap can be fixed and the system pushes to hit this daily budget ASAP.
- Flight Even: Similar to Daily Even, a daily spend cap is fixed by diving the total budget evenly across the flight days. However, the system pushes to spend the budget quickly over the period of a day (rather than dividing it equally by hours). The user does not have control over the daily budget cap as the system automatically allocates the amount by dividing the total budget evenly across the flight days.
- Flight ASAP: The system pushes to spend the entire ad group budget ASAP. The daily spend cap amount automatically updates itself to the budget cap amount when you select Flight ASAP.
5. The final step is to decide on a bidding strategy to win inventory spaces to place the ads on. The system offers two choices for the user to select.
- Automatic Bidding: Users decide the metric that the system should optimize for and the system then sets the bids to help achieve that objective. XPO can optimize for Clicks, Conversion and Click-through Rate, where users can set a target CPC, CPA and CTR respectively.
- Manual Bidding: This option allows users to control the bidding rates by allowing them to set a minimum and a maximum bid limit. This is especially useful in situations where you know the market CPM rate for winning inventory.
6. Click on Save button to confirm changes and finish the process of Video ad group set-up.
Setting up Ad Group filters
The filters available for video ad groups are exactly the same as those available for display ad groups and function in the same way. The steps involved in setting up these filters can be accessed here.
Additionally, there is a video filter where the user may target video specific content such as the type of video stream, the position of the video and the size of the video player.
In order to set this up, click on the Video Filter option. Click Yes under Set Video Stream and choose either In-Stream, Out-Stream or both. Users may also dictate when the video plays under the Video Ad Position option by clicking on Add Video Ad Position and selecting a combination of the available options. Finally, users can also control the size of the player where the video ads can play under Video Player Size in the same way as mentioned above.