Follow these steps to set up a geo list, which you can use later while applying your ad group level filters.
1. Under the Utility Tab, click on Geo List.
2. This will take you to the Geo Lists page. On this page, there are 2 options available.
The + New Geo List button allows you to import your existing geo list from your computer. If you do not have a geo list yet, follow step 1 and click on Download Template File.
A .csv formatted file automatically gets downloaded onto your computer.
3. Enter the relevant geographical points you wish to include in the list, separating each point by a line. Data can be entered in three different combinations.
- Country level
- Region (state) level
- Location (city) level
- Latitude / Longitude level with a proximity radius applied around the intersection point
- Postal code level
DO NOT remove the first line, which serves as a header to show users the value of each column.
Once completed, ensure the file is saved with the .csv extension.
4. Now return to the Geo Lists page as shown on point 2 and click on the + New Geo List button. Give the geo list an appropriate name. Either click on the box to upload the file from your computer or drag the newly created file into the box area to add your geo list.
Click Submit button to confirm the action.
5. The newly created geo list is now ready to be used during future campaign setups.
Check out our Display Ad Group Set-up article if you want to learn what a geo list is and how you can apply this filter while setting up an ad group.